Monday, November 2, 2009

What a week it has turned out to be

I don't really like to complain or talk about things outside of relevance to Mikayla, but today is an exception. With a show of hands how many of you out there that are reading this have ever had a child put to sleep? Great, now how many of you have had all your children put to sleep in the same week? That's a bit harder to swallow. This week came out of nowhere to catch us by surprise. Starting with Mikayla, she was put to sleep last Friday to examine her bone marrow to see if the Leukemia was still in remission. Thankfully the results were in our favor and came out clear. Next is Damien. He had an orthopedic exam of his broken wrist and they said that this Friday most likely they would have to put him to sleep to insert a rod into his wrist to help correct the damage. Next out of nowhere was Darian. She developed some kind of staph type infection on the back of her leg and had to be put to sleep today to have it surgically removed. Last but not least is my big boy Malachi. Poor guy has to be put to sleep to donate bone marrow to his sister Mikayla. Insurance has got to love us and God I think is pissed at us. Really it's incredibly wierd that as a snow ball starts rolling down hill it begins to get bigger and bigger until it breaks apart. I am hoping my families snowball has made it completly down the hill. Now enough whinning. Mikayla gets admitted to the hospital tomorrow. Her radiation treatment will start right away. Malachi has to give more blood beyond what they have already taken because they screwed up some tests. Idiots. Tomorrow through Friday is frankly gonna suck. Since being diagnosed I have dreaded this day. Add to that the fact that the other two children are now patients makes one wonder what in the world they done to make life go downhill so rapidly. Guess we still have our friends, family, and each other and things could be way worse. Thank you all for your support.

5 comments:

  1. SO sorry its been a rough time.only God knows why we go through what we do.I am always praying for your family.What strength God has given you both to be able to go through this valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you are going through is not easy. Only God knows the why of things. Just know that no matter how bad it is, it could always be worse. I know a lady and her husband who lost all 5 of their children. Four of them were murdered at the same time and their oldest daughter died just a few days later from cancer. Since that tragic part of their lives, she has written several books. Her name is Joy Swift. God is a miracle worker. I pray for your continued strength, health and healing. You have a beautiful family and God will not fail you. Peace and Love be with you all †

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so overwhelming to me who loves you all so much. I can't even began to understand what you are feeling. have you ever read the book of Job in the Bible? He said though God slay me, yet I trust him. I will then come forth as gold. He never took his eyes from God. I believe in all my heart God will lead you through this. You are discourgaged. But my prayer is in his love you will find the strength to just keep going. And I know that the day will come when you can look back on all this and say. God's grace has brought us through. You had a song on awhile back. "When you are going through Hell just keep going." Just keep going. The people that love you will keep your family wraped in prayer. love granny Billye

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you are in our prayers. I can't imagine what you are going thru. Hope everyone gets better soon. You both as parents are the strongest I have ever seen. You are amazing all of you! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rea-
    Just wanting to let you know I am praying so hard for your family. I know this is such a difficult time. You are such a strong person and I admire your family so much. God has a reason for everything even though at times like now it is so hard to understand why? Please hold your head up strong you have a wonderful family. Keep praying hard he will answer your prayers. Terra (PT)

    ReplyDelete