Friday, September 4, 2009

Preliminary Result

I was informed verbally Thurs pm that they found 16% Leukemia blasts in her bone marrow. The attending doctor who spoke to me said that they are still hoping.... The team spoke to Dr. Gamis who is her primary oncologist regarding the result. Instead of doing the next course of chemo right away, they will wait one week and repeat bone marrow aspiration and see what is her blasts count. This will help determine the dosage of the new drug they are adding to the chemo. This one week wait will also prevent added risks to her heart and lungs. She had 4 total tests today: cardiac and pulmo to check how the last 2 courses of chemo affected them and establish a baseline before they start another one. If she starts with this chemo, there will be no break (home) at this time. We pray every night that things will change. I felt numb when the doc told me the prelim result today. I wanted to cry , shout , get mad. I know it will not help the situation . I also know that I need to keep hoping.. keep believing ... because there is nothing impossible. I know that my family and friends are praying non stop for us. Thank you so much ... God Bless

1 comment:

  1. I am Olivia's mom, Tammy Titus, and we were in a room close to yours in KC. Olivia has down syndrome. Well, I want you to know that I am praying for Mikayla. She is so beautiful and I was blessed to meet your family.